02 February 2010

01 feb. 2010

Can't believe it is already February. Amazing.

Extremely cold at 5:15 in the am. 10 degrees according to the Weather Bug. Early concall this morning.Signal strength which has generally been good of very good is now low for some reason. Causes Skype quality problems. Have to reschedule for Friday. I'll have to set up my computer near the router and test it before Friday.

breakfast

bacon, egg, and cheese on a bagel
iced tea
caffe mocha

at Panera. Pretty good.

lunch

italian sub
fries
iced tea

at Ledo's. The lunch deal at Ledo's is very good. Any sub, fries, and a drink for less than $7.

For some reason the waitress at Ledo's is my best friend in the world. I've been going to that Ledo's since it opened (Oct. 2004, I think, because the wait staff were all dressed for Halloween the first time I went) but in the last two years I would think I go there maybe once every 6 wks max. Oh well, she's a very friendly lady and always has news from Haymarket.

E. had to work a little late so she caught a somewhat later train. Went to VRE a little later than usual. I really wish they would put some lights on that access road!

My stomach turned a flip just as I was making supper. About 20 min where I just felt like I couldn't eat anything. I sat down and drank some tea and felt a little better.

dinner

spaghetti w/ butter and parmesan
iced tea

I also made a salad but didn't feel like eating it. That seems to happen a lot lately.

dessert

donut
iced tea

We watched Antiques Roadshow from Atlantic City, NJ. I love the way the appraisers name the price. "One of these without the lid sold for 800,000 in Arkansas in '47. This one has the lid and the documentation that it belonged to Oswald Thorgood so I would estimate that it would make between 40 cents and 8 trillion dollars at auction." Some of the antique furniture is appraised for less than a comparable piece of modern factory made furniture. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment