16 December 2009

meals (12.15)

breakfast

bagel w/ butter
banana
coffee
V8
iced tea

Left the house before 9:00 to get the car to the dealership by 10:00. I got there just at 10:00 o'clock. It wasn't such a busy day at the dealer. They actually finished the car by 12:30.

snack

egg sandwich
dr. pepper

at La Torre in Fairfax. La Torre is the cafe in the 50/66 office complex where I used to work in FFX city. It was the 2nd time I've been there since 2005 but they still remembered me. It was kind of nice. The lady that runs the place reminded me that we had talked about colleges when her son was getting ready to go to school. He had decided on W&M. He is now a grad student at Indiana University/Purdue University (I assume in Indianapolis rather than Fort Wayne). Time, she is auf-gefliegende.

It's funny. Pat Kaczaral, my high school palsy-wal, went to W&M undergrad and went to Purdue (not IUPU but close) for his PhD. Pat's parents gave him a car to persuade him to live at home and go to W&M. He used to say that he worked to put his car through school.

They had to replace one of the ignition coils. Since two had already been replaced that means either 3 of the original 4 were bad or one was replaced twice. I've filed the paper work for the other repairs. I'm hoping to get a check in January. They also suggested replacing the battery. Goodyear made the same recommendation when I last had the car there so I had the battery changed. Elizabeth is taking the car to NC after Christmas so I'd rather not have the battery crap out on her.

I was supposed to meet Elinor for lunch but she couldn't come. The book she was working on is now over a week late so she was stuck. She says she is now working 12 hr days routinely. Jeez.


lunch

two beef tacos
two chicken taquitos
rice beans
iced tea

at Anita's in FFX City.They no longer had the delectable Fajita Burrito on the menu. Tacos were good. Taquitos were so so. I don't think Taquitos are legit. They seem very 7-11 to me.

It is extremely difficult to highlight the word "lunch" in the text editor used in blogger.


snack

creme brulee latte

from the Starbucks inside the Harris Teeter at Madison Crescent.

dinner

chicken and rice w/ gravy
green beans
iced tea

No comments:

Post a Comment