29 December 2009

meals (12.27)

Nora Jones is playing on the iPod. Don't Know Why. It is the sort of song that you are sure you heard somebody sing on a Dean Martin special in 1971. A song that people have been singing for the last 100 years and yet Don't Know Why I Didn't was written by Jesse Harris around 1999.

breakfast

cereal
milk
coffee
iced tea

Elizabeth and Candace are reading to Charlotte today. Claire is also planning to come over this morning with the TV.

Claire arrived just about the time E & C were preparing to leave so at least they got to congreet. Claire looks like she's losing some weight. Between the two of us we managed to get the TV wrassled into the family room. We had a bit of a chat but Claire had to do the grocery shopping so she left around noon.

I got the TV up to the point where I could watch cable. I think I need a remote to be able to switch between TV and DVD. I'll look for that later.

lunch

pizza (2 sl)
iced tea
pretzels

I watched football for several hours after lunch. It was nice to be able to read the scores.

dinner

grilled ham, turkey and onion sandwiches (2)
chips
iced tea

yellow cake w/ chocolate icing for desert

I watched the Sunday night game until I fell asleep. I looked up the TV model on-line. It is 36 in. Our old TV was 27in. Looks tres different.

No comments:

Post a Comment