30 December 2009

meals (12.29)

Slept late this morning. Felt much better than yesterday. It was about 13 when I woke up. Crazy cold. Elizabeth slept in too but she was up when I got up.

breakfast


oatmeal
coffee
iced tea

oatmeal is so good on a cold day. oatmeal is tasty on a hot day but it is a little overwhelming as well. a little too much. but on a cold day. oatmeal tastes extry-extry-good as Andy Griffith would say.

Elizabeth went to get her hair cut in the afternoon. I went to get groceries.


lunch

meatball sub
chips
sierra mist

at Wegmans food court. The older gent who used to make such a good sub at Wegmans hasn't been there lately. The last several subs I've had there have been blah. I thought I hot sub might snap the string of weak subs and it worked.

I lost my grocery list as soon as I walked through the door at Wegmans. Jeez louise. It was a nice short list and I did manage to get everything on the list.

dinner

scrambled eggs (3)
fried bologna (2)
sesame bagel with veggie cream cheese
iced tea

Elizabeth's off the cuff dinner. Really good. The bagels were so fresh that they were steaming the bag and I think that's what inspired the choice. Also the fact that E didn't eat lunch because it took so long to get the hair cut. She has had so many headaches with hair cutting people lately that I think she would buy a flowbee if those people spammed her at the right moment.

dessert

sweet potato pie
whipped cream

good. but way too much.

We watched the Mel Brooks presentation on Kennedy Center Honors. Nice job by everyone. The guy from Glee can dance just as good as he wants. I just thought he was a singer.

They kept showing the audience and you would see Donald Sutherland or Alan Alda or ... Just famous people wherever you turn. It felt like twitter.

I always feel a little sorry for the honorees at those events. There is such an amazing gush factor involved and it always seems a bit embarrassing.

No comments:

Post a Comment