05 December 2009

meals (12.4)

In New York.

small bagel with butter
sweet roll
pineapple, melon slices
bottle of water

for breakfast at the hotel.

met with client at their offices on Friday morning.

Left for Penn Station at 12:45. Dropped off Iris at Laguardia on the way. Arrived at Penn Station around 1:50. Pete went to catch a NJ transit train. My train was listed as on time. I went to get a quick bite to eat

slice of pizza (hamburger, onion, pepperoni)
coke

pizza was good.

By the time I got back to the status board the train that was on time at 1:50 was now delayed at 2:02. Insane.

2:05 train arrived at 2:45. 2:05 train left at 3:05. Oh boy. With the delay it became touch and go as to whether I would be able to catch the last VRE to get home. If I missed the VRE that would mean taking the metro and a cab at $60 or more. Oh boy.

I had a seat mate from NYC to Trenton. She was an atty from Boston who was visiting her parental units a little early for the holidays. I was surprised that she was so nice and then I found out that she specialized in employment law. I think you'd have to be a pretty good egg to focus on that. I assume her hair was tinted but whatever she had the best hair cut and hair coloring I've seen on a person in real life. Whoever cut her hair did an excellent job.

I got a 30 min nap when my seatmate left. Then I got

corned beef and swiss sandwich
iced tea
bottle of water

for a snack. Sandwich was not so great. I only ate half even though I was pretty hungry.

The cafe lady on the train didn't say "Hello" or "May I help you" or "What can I get for you bub?' She said "You have the most beautiful hair!" I guess my seatmate and I should have been in a magazine spread with all the good hair we were having.

The train was supposed to arrive at 6:35. By the time we were actually stopped at the platform with the door open it was 6:45. The VRE left at 6:50.

I was lucky. The VRE ticket machine was at the top of the stairs and the VRE was boarding about 2 gates down so I didn't have to go through the terminal . The train pulled out about 2 minutes after I got on board. Luckily it was mostly empty.

Arrived at Broad Run at 8:00 (five min early).Passed through the Manassas station (the same one that is on the cover of the Stephen Stills album). The whole old town area of Manassas is decorated for Christmas so it was very nice and sparkly.

I was starving when I got to the train station so we went to the Red Robin Gourmet Burgers restaurant for dinner. I can't figure out what robins have to do with burgers. I was glad to see that the Robin was not present on Friday.

house salad w/ blue cheese dressing
guacamole bacon burger
fries
iced tea

everything was good. nice hot fries. burger was done just right. definitely hit the spot.

E.went to bed at about 10:30. I watched most of Leno and part of the stand up comedy show. Bill Engval. I woke up on the coach at about midnight. Crawled up to the bed and don't remember anything else until Saturday morning.

from one of the over-crowded pizza places at the train station.

No comments:

Post a Comment