24 November 2009

lunch (11.24)

Went to the bank to deposit a check and then went to my favorite Chinese restaurant for lunch. Sad to say my fave place has gone down hill. Today was the 3rd or 4th time I've been disappointed with the food. I guess I'll have to find another Chinese place.

kung pao chicken
fried rice
spring roll
iced tea

The rice was fine. The spring roll was ok. The kung pao was monstrous salty. The iced tea tasted like someone put a cigarette out in it. Had to switch to water.

I got a snickers bar and water at the gas station on the way to the grocery store to try to get the salty tast out of my mouth. That worked ok.

For some reason it did not occur to me that today, the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, might be a busy day at the grocery store. IT WAS PACKED. Crazy frustrating. I don't really mind the people who bring their kids. I assume they have not choice. What gets me is the people who come in groups of 3 or 4 or more adults and treat the store as if it is an outing. You only see this behavior on the 4th of July, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Oh well. At least most people try to make the best of it. It took me more that an hour to shop today. As Stephen Fry would say "such larks as never."

No comments:

Post a Comment