20 September 2009

dinner, friday

for some reason I skipped the old dinner posting from yesterday

That was really a bit of an adventure. I cooked the most complicated thing I've made in a long time. We found a recipe for a slow cooked beef stew on the Wegmans website and I made it on Friday.

The only other thing I've ever cooked on the same scale is my mom's recipe for lasagna but since that makes enough lasagna for 811 people I haven't cooked it in a long time. It is good lasagna, though, even if I make it.

I had to improvise a bit on the stew. I had all of the ingredients but I had too much of some and a little too little of others.

So dinner Friday was

beef stew
crusty bread
iced tea

The stew was ok but for me the red wine overpowered everything else. I don't really like wine so if I made this again I'd make it with half as much vino.

No comments:

Post a Comment