16 January 2010

meals (1.14.2010)

It was 23 or 24 deg when I got up at about 6 am. Temp is already up to 40 at 9:30 am. Big improvement.

Cold is mostly gone. Just a little congested at this point. Lots more energy.

I was sort of afraid to turn on the TV or radio this morning. The news from Haiti has been so bad that it is difficult to even watch. I find it very strange that I can go about my every day business with no real impediment while all of these people in Haiti live in a different world than they did last week. There is no normalcy for them.

Of course, that same thing has been true for Iraqis, Afghanis, Pakistanis, Palestinians, ... and many other people for many years. Even most of the people in Haiti were coping with serious poverty even before this happened. I guess it's just the suddenness of the change for the earth quake survivors that strikes me.

B

bagel w/ cream cheese
banana
iced tea
coffee
oj

S

caffe mocha

at the Starbucks at Atlas Walk.

L

hot dogs (2) cooked in hard cider
pretzels
iced tea

Hot dogs cooked in cider are actually pretty good. I'd had hot dogs cooked in beer before and thought I'd try cider since I didn't have any beer.

D

ham, turkey, and swiss sandwich (2)
cole slaw
iced tea

dessert

ice cream

late snack

handful of pretzels
iced tea

No comments:

Post a Comment